Special Exhibits

Special Exhibit of the Work of Local Artist Gustave Hoffman

In November 2019 a new and permanent collection of etchings created by Gustave Hoffman (1869 – 1945) was installed in the lobby by the side entrance of the museum.

A resident of Rockville for most of his life,  Mr. Hoffman studied art and became known for his paintings and especially for details and hues of his etchings.

A collection of Mr. Hoffman’s etchings was  donated to the Vernon Historical Society by Mr. Michael R. Sharon in honor of his father and mother, Dr. Michael and Jean Sharon, who provided medical care services for many community members in the Vernon/Rockville area.